Sunday, March 6, 2011

BAC Palette Project

OK so I was asked by the BAC (as were others) to participate in this palette project. The purpose of this project was to get artists to decorate a palette and then BAC would display them and auction them off to raise money. I have to admit I was eager to participate because I love the Brookline Arts Center and I really wanted to help.
In the mean time I had bought this lovely , lovely wire sculpture from  an artist
http://www.homemadecircus.com/
 that had a tiny light wired into it that I needed to send in for some wiring surgery
and I asked her if she could fix it for me and she was just so nice about it and did fix it very quickly for me. But when I sent the piece back to her for repair  I asked  if she could kindly explain how she wired it  and can you believe it SHE DID!!! I was ecstatic and couldn't wait to try it out so when I agreed to do the palette I thought " what an opportunity to try out my wiring. I had some directions but still needed alot of  help so I enlisted my friend Jim Rowland to show me exactly how to do it.  And he did , he knew exactly how to do it. So here are some of the beginning
stages of my palette, which by the way ended up being one of the funnest things that I have ever made and  It  actually turned out that I made it into a functional night light.

No comments:

Post a Comment